English Language Resources / 英語教材
Last Update: July 31, 2015
Sites / サイト
- BBC Learning English: It has everything from slang, podcasts, Q&As and phrases of the day. A great resource!
- Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab: An awesome resource for grammar and style. I used this when I was in university.
Apps / アップリ
- Umano: News read to you by real people. Available on iOS and Android. Really good for listening practice!
- Cambly: Video chat with English speakers instantly. Available on iOS and Android. Only downside is that it’s not free…
Video / ビデオ
- In 59 Seconds: A YouTube channel that teaches you psychology tricks in under 1 minute. Very interesting content! It’s got English captions and the language is quite simple, so it’s good for intermediate English learners!
- Pain in the English: This is an all-English site where native users can post questions on grammar when they are not sure. I’ve used this site almost 10 years ago. I can’t believe it’s still around!
- Facebook Group – Ask native users anything: A Facebook Group by the guys behind Lang-8 that links learners to native speakers. There are a lot of native English speakers who are happy to help English learners there – including me! 🙂
Books / 本
- The Elements of Style: This is a classic book that professional journalists and writers reference for grammar and writing style. A must have!